Anti-Slavery & Human Trafficking Statement 2017
MV Kelly Ltd is a specialist infrastructure, groundworks and civil engineering company covering the majority of the UK. We have a large and varied supply chain. Our supply chain is comprised of material suppliers (relevant to our trade as ground workers), sub-contractors (labour/ labour only/ labour/plant and materials) and the purchase and hire of plant. All our operations and activities are UK based. We have a centralised procurement team based at our head office. MV Kelly Ltd is committed to ethical trading and has zero tolerance for modern slavery.
We have implemented an Anti-Slavery and Human Trafficking Policy in accordance with the Modern Slavery Act 2015. This policy is reviewed annually and reflects our commitment to acting ethically, transparently and with integrity in our business dealings and relationships. We take our policy and the underlying principles very seriously, for example a breach of our policy will result in an employee facing disciplinanry action which could result in dismissal. We ensure that staff are aware of our policy and are familiar with what modern slavery might look like.
We monitor and reduce the risk of slavery and human trafficking occurring within our supply chains by building lasting relationships with likeminded suppliers and contractors. We will take action if suppliers and contractors are not prepared to make necessary improvements where appropriate. We aim to reduce the risks by:
- Communicating our Anti-Slavery and Human Traficking Policy and our zero tolerance approach to mocern slavery to all staff, suppliers and contractors when entering into new or renewed contracts with them.
- Requesting suppliers ans sub-contractors provide evidence of their own policies and compliance as appropriate.
- Terminating our relationship/ contract with a supplier if they fail to comply with the Modern Slavery Act 2015.
- Rasing awareness and providing training as part of our staff induction program.
- Establishing the areas of potential risk in our business and supply chains.
- Monitoring potential risk in our business and supply chains.
- Provide adequate protection for whistleblowers as assured in our Whistleblowing Policy.
MV Kelly Ltd are committed to continually reviewing our moral and legal responsibility with regard to modern slavery with the aim of ensuring that no modern slavery can occur as a result of our trading practice.
This statement is reviewd annually.